In the plumbing and piping industry, we see widespread use of piping nipples that consist of pipe nipples of various sizes and fittings. Usually, we get to see male pipe nipples that are provided with a thread on both the ends that exist and allow the connection of female threaded fittings. The reason that we often get to see such sort of threaded nipples is because of the fact that this is the most common type of type nipple that is preferred to be used in most situations. Pipe nipples are a hardware device that is mainly known to be used as the adapter in order to form one connection type to another. These are the essentials that are often seen to be used in pipes that mainly carry low pressure.
These pipe nipples are also used to fit into hoses and the ends of the pipes. However, the pressure at which these pipe nipples work varies according to the size and the structure according to which it is constructed. The pipe nipples vary according to the working pressure of the pipe, the sizes and construction of the pipe, their temperature, and also the way the product is being conveyed. Thus, we see that these galvanized pipe fittings that are often seen to be used in the industries are available in a variety of thicknesses and materials.
Pipe nipples are seen to be used in various different applications in the industries, they are also sometimes used in domestic applications. Among many of its applications, some are:
• Carrying Oils and Gases
• In the industry of chemical processing
• Pharmaceutical industry
• In the industry of foods and beverages
• In the industry that produces paper and pulp
• In the industry of shipbuilding/ marine
• In the processes of waste incineration.
• In building the machines
• In architectural structures
• In making semiconductors.
• The diameter of the pipe nipple that is required
• The length of the pipe that is needed
• The material that is used to manufacture these pipe nipples.
• The end connections whether they are male, female, etc.
• The technical specifications that are there in the form of pressures, temperatures, etc.
The distance of the pipe nipple is usually dependent on the overall length of the pipe nipples, including the threads present on both ends. Pipe nipples can come in a variety of sizes could be up to size of 12 inches. The shortest of the pipe nipples are the close pipe nipples that allow fully threaded nipples in which there is no space present between both the thread ends. These pipe nipples are available in a variety of types that are known as:
• Barrel Nipple
• Close Nipple / Running Nipple
• Hexagonal Nipple
• Reducing Nipple / Unequal Nipple
• Hose Nipple
• Welding Nipple
• Swage Nipple
One can select the most suitable type of pipe nipple that they require, according to their need and requirement, depending upon their specifications.