In the plumbing and piping industry, we see widespread use of piping nipples that consist of pipe nipples of various sizes and fittings. Usually, we see male pipe nipples with a thread on both ends, allowing the connection of female threaded fittings. The reason that we often get to see such sort of threaded nipples is that this is the most common type of type nipple that is preferred to be used in most situations. Pipe nipples are hardware devices mainly known as the adapter to form one connection type to another. These essentials are often seen to be used in pipes that especially carry low pressure.
These pipe nipples are also used to fit into hoses and the ends of the pipes. However, the pressure at which these pipe nipples work varies according to the size and the structure according to which it is constructed. The pipe nipples vary according to the pipe's working pressure, the tube, the dimensions and construction of the line, their temperature, and the way the product is being conveyed. Thus, these galvanized pipe fittings often used in industries are available in various thicknesses and materials.
Pipe nipples are seen to be used in various applications in industries; they are also sometimes used in domestic applications. Among many of its applications, some are:
• Carrying Oils and Gases
• In the industry of chemical processing
• Pharmaceutical industry
• In the industry of foods and beverages
• In the industry that produces paper and pulp
• In the industry of shipbuilding/ marine
• In the processes of waste incineration.
• In building the machines
• In architectural structures
• In making semiconductors.
• The diameter of the pipe nipple that is required
• The length of the pipe that is needed
• The material that is used to manufacture these pipe nipples.
• The end connections, whether they are male, female, etc.
• The technical specifications in the form of pressures, temperatures, etc.
The distance of the pipe nipple is usually dependent on the overall length of the pipe nipple, including the threads present on both ends. Pipe nipples can come in various sizes and can be up to a height of 12 inches. The shortest pipe nipples are the closed pipe nipples that allow fully threaded nipples without space between the thread ends. These pipe nipples are available in a variety of types that are known:
• Barrel Nipple
• Close Nipple / Running Nipple
• Hexagonal Nipple
• Reducing Nipple / Unequal Nipple
• Hose Nipple
• Welding Nipple
• Swage Nipple
One can select the most suitable type of pipe nipple that they require, according to their need and requirement, depending upon their specifications.